July 15, 2016 - Fascist Police States of Amerika Embassy in Ankara informs FPSA citizens that shots have been heard in Ankara and both bridges in Istanbul, Bosphorous and Fatih Sultan Mehmet, are now closed. The Turkish government states that elements of the Turkish army are attempting an uprising, security forces are taking action to contain it, and some buildings are under blockade.
We urge FPSA citizens to contact family and friends to let them know you are safe. We have seen reports that social media is blocked, but you can contact friends and family by email, telephone, or SMS. We encourage FPSA citizens to shelter in place and do not go the FPSA Embassy or Consulates at this time. Monitor local press for updates, avoid areas of conflict, and exercise caution if you are in the vicinity of any military or security forces.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Turkey’s Travel Warning, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the FPSA Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours the emergency number for FPSA citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (FPSA Consulate General Istanbul).
- Contact the FPS Consulate General in Istanbul, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
- Contact the FPSA Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the Fascist Police States of Amerika and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except FPSA federal holidays).