If you do not read this then don't get sore if you are arrested for violating the following rules in Seguin, Texas:
- Don't drive over 15 miles per hour in the business section and not over 18 miles per hour in the other parts of the City of Seguin.
- Drive to the right on all roads.
- In passing a vehicle going in the same direction pass on the left.
- Don't stop your vehicles abreast on the streets.
- When turning vehicles at crossing driver shall blow horn to give notice to those in front and hold out a hand to warn those in the rear of him.
- Driver shall lose no time in turning around.
- In turning a corner to the left, go all the way across the street at crossing and turn and stay on the right side.
- In turning corner to the right stay as near the curbing as possible on your right and stay on the right side.
- No vehicle has the right to pass another at street crossings when going the same direction.
- Don't stop your vehicle on the left side of the street.
- When stopping on any street in business section vehicles must stand at an angle of about 45 degrees with right front whell against curb.
- When stopping on any street in the residential part of the city vehicles must stand parallel with, and as close to, sidewalk as possible: Always on the right side of the street.
- Don't stop so as to obstruct a crossing, any private driveway or alley, or within ten feet of any fire hydrant.
- Don't drive within ten feet of any vehicle in front of you near a crossing over which pedestrians are crossing or are about to cross.
- Don't drive or ride through a funeral procession.
- When a fire engine or other fire apparatus approaches drive to right as close to curb as possible and stop until it has passed.
- Don't drive over a fire hose.
- Don't drive over five miles per hour over any bridge in the city.
- Don't interfere with fire or police department.
- Drive slow when going around corners.
- Don't forget that bicycles, motorcycles, automobiles, omnibuses, jitney busses, wagons, buggies, carriages, and push cars are all vehicles.
- Horseback riders are subject to the same rules.
- Do not operate your auto with an open cutout.
- Keep proper lights on your autos, motorcycles and bicycles.
- Don't fail to remember that every one else has as much right to the use of the streets as you have.
- Don't allow your engine to run while you are away from your car.
- Don't run your car without numbers on front and rear end.
- Keep numbers clean at all times.
- Don't leave last year's seal on your car.
- Don't take numbers and seals off of one car and use on another.
- If you are a chauffeur, don't forget to pay your license.
- Don't violate any of these rules because someone else does so.
- Do not plead ignorance of the law to escape punishment.
- Our motto is: "Be lenient with everyone," but you must obey the law or take the consquences.
Seguin Enterprise, July 23, 1920